Kelowna kitchen fire damages home

KELOWNA - Firefighters were able to keep a fire contained to the kitchen of a Bouvette Street home Wednesday night but the resulting smoke caused damage throughout the home.

The Kelowna Fire Department responded to a call of a fire in a kitchen in a single family residence Wednesday, April 8. In total three engines, one rescue vehicle and a command vehicle responded along with 16 fire personnel.

In a release Platoon Capt. Tim Light says the fire started from cooking oil on the stove and damage was kept to the kitchen with some smoke damage throughout the house. One resident was taken to hospital as a precaution relating to smoke.

To contact the reporter for this story, email Adam Proskiw at aproskiw@infotelnews.ca or call 250-718-0428. To contact the editor, email mjones@infotelnews.ca or call 250-718-2724.


Mom's who have lost kids to overdose have been mailing photos to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau as part of a new project called Somebody's Someone.
Trudeau getting hundreds of photos from Interior moms whose children died from overdoses
Hundreds of black-bordered envelopes adorned with purple hearts were sent to the Prime Minister Justin Trudeau this week from moms hurt by overdose deaths. Inside the envelopes are photos of family members who have died since the start of t

Top News