November 08, 2013 - 4:49 AM
VERNON - Wondering how to fill your three-day weekend? Here’s a list of places to be, from Remembrance Day ceremonies to holiday markets. Keep an eye on the sky, as the weather is expected to jump around over the weekend. Environment Canada is calling for a 60 per cent chance of rain or flurries Friday evening, cloud on Saturday, and rain on Sunday. It looks like it will clear up on Remembrance Day with a clear sky and sun.
- Just because it’s a Pro-D Day doesn’t mean you can’t sneak some learning into your kid’s itinerary. The Okanagan Science Centre is hosting a Pro-Science Day from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. KEVA tower build-offs, demos, and experiments will be on supply.
- Check out Rancho Vignola’s annual harvest event at the Greater Vernon Recreation Centre from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. and peruse the tables of nuts, dried fruit and other gourmet gifts.
- Rancho Vignola’s harvest festival continues from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Greater Vernon Recreation Centre.
- Powerhouse Theatre presents the the play “Deathtrap”, a murder mystery that holds the record for the longest running comedy-thriller on Broadway. It plays Sunday at 2 p.m. -Check the theatre’s website for more information about pricing and show times.
- Steve Patterson, the host of CBC’s The Debaters, will be putting on a show Sunday night at the Performing Arts Centre. Tickets are $45.50 and the show starts at 7:30 p.m.
Monday: A Day of Remembrance
- A Remembrance Day ceremony will be held at Kal Tire Place in Vernon. Doors open for seating at 9:30 a.m. and the ceremony begins at 10:15 a.m. A moment of silence will be observed at 11 a.m.
- Armstrong will hold its Remembrance Day ceremony at the Hassen Arena, starting at 10:30 a.m. Arrive early to secure a seat.
- Check out the Vernon farmers market with your day off, where fruits, veggies, baking, and a variety of handcrafted items are showcased. Runs 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Did we miss something? Send event info to email@example.com
To contact the reporter for this story, email Charlotte Helston at firstname.lastname@example.org, call (250)309-5230 or tweet @charhelston.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2013