December 08, 2014 - 12:59 PM
TRAFFIC DELAYS MAY OCCUR ON WESTLAKE ROAD
WEST KELOWNA - Watermain replacement work on Westlake Road between Caledonia Way and Sussex Road, part of the Westlake Road Upgrade project, will begin Wednesday, December 10. Motorists can expect minor traffic delays when travelling through this section. Work is expected to take four days.
Motorists are asked to obey all signage and traffic control personnel when travelling through this section of construction.
The $6.2 million Westlake Road Upgrade project is transforming the heavily-used rural road to an urban arterial standard multi-modal transportation corridor. Westlake Road, from Highway 97 to Starlight Crescent, will see the following improvements:
- 3.6 metre wide travel lanes in each direction
- 1.5 metre cycling lanes in each direction
- Curb, gutter and underground storm drainage
- Replacement water main
- 1.8 metre wide sidewalks in each direction from Stevens Road to Highway 97
- 1.8 metre wide sidewalks on the east side from Stevens Road to Starlight Crescent
- 56 streetlights
- A roundabout traffic circle at the intersection of Stevens Road and Westlake Road
Final paving of the Westlake Road Upgrade project will occur in spring 2015.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2014