September 08, 2014 - 10:31 AM
KELOWNA – A chemical spill at Kelowna General Hospital Monday morning has landed two hospital workers in the emergency room.
The fire department’s HAZMAT team is cleaning up a spill of chlorine and muriatic acid which when mixed together produces mustard gas, according to Global Okanagan.
The call came in about 9 a.m.
The workers are being treated for eye and lung irritations, fire officials say.
To contact the reporter for this story, email Howard Alexander at email@example.com or call 250-491-0331. To contact the editor, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-718-2724.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2014