Oliver home destroyed by fire

Image Credit: Oliver Fire Rescue

OLIVER — All signs point to an accidental cause of the fire that destroyed a home in Oliver Saturday morning.

Firefighters were called to the blaze at 523 Earle Cr. just after 9 a.m. and found the house fully involved.

“The house is burned out,” according to firefighter Dan Graham. “The roof collapsed. It’s a total loss.”

Two children suffered minor injuries when they tried to get back inside the burning home to retrieve some belongings and possibly a pet. They were treated for cuts, scrapes and smoke inhalation by ambulance paramedics.

The homeowners say the fire started in the kitchen.

Investigators will be sifting through what’s left of the house looking for the exact cause, but Graham says it appears to have been an accident.

The family left homeless by the blaze is in the care of Emergency Social Services.

To contact the reporter for this story, email Meaghan Archer at marcher@infotelnews.ca or call 250-488-3065. To contact the editor, email mjones@infotelnews.ca or call 250-718-2724.


don-thompson
THOMPSON: I’m smarter than Donald J. Trump
  OPINION I’ve been in the right places at the right times to meet a number of world leaders over the years…seven U.S. presidents, two chancellors of Germany, presidents of Mexico and France, a prime minist

Top News