April 20, 2016 - 11:53 AM
PENTICTON - Just as crews were leaving the scene of a small fire at restaurant this morning they were called to a mobile home park for another fire.
Firefighters were called to Ricky’s Restaurant in Cherry Lane Mall around 7:25 a.m. after grease ignited in a deep fryer.
The restaurant’s extinguishing system malfunctioned but fire crews were able to extinguish the blaze. The fire is being investigated.
Just after 8 a.m., as fire crews were leaving Ricky’s Restaurant, firefighters were called to a structure fire at Dauphin Mobile Home Park.
Firefighters arrived to find a heavy fire burning on the deck of unit 16, with the fire extending to the trailer.
All occupants escaped, but one person was attended to by ambulance.
Emergency Social Services were called and are assisting the occupants in finding temporary quarters.
Extent of damage is not known at this time.
The fire is under investigation.
— This story was updated at 12:58 p.m., April 20, 2016, to include a photo from the scene.
To contact a reporter for this story, email Steve Arstad or call 250-488-3065 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to the newsroom and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.
We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2016