KELOWNA - The third day of advance polling for the City of Kelowna civic election resulted in another 1,154 votes by the time polls closed at 8 p.m. Thursday.
Two locations were open for voters, with 538 cast at City Hall and 616 at Okanagan College.
Total votes over the three days of advance voting is 5,047, and there's one more advance voting day left.
The last day to cast an advance vote is Fri. Nov. 14 with Parkinson Recreation Centre and City Hall open to voters from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
On election day, Sat. Nov. 15 residents will have 13 locations to choose from.
GENERAL ELECTION DAY
Polls will be open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
* Capital News Centre, 4105 Gordon Drive
* Central School, 1825 Richter Street
* City Hall (Voter Assist Terminal), 1435 Water Street
* Dr. Knox Middle School, 121 Drysdale Boulevard
* East Kelowna Community Hall, 2704 East Kelowna Road
* Evangel Church, 3261 Gordon Avenue
* Hollywood Road Education Services, 1040 Hollywood Road
* Okanagan Mission Community Hall, 4409 Lakeshore Road
* Orchard Park Shopping Centre, 8 a.m - 6 p.m., Sky Yard Court, 2271 Harvey Avenue
* Parkinson Recreation Centre, 1800 Parkinson Way
* Rutland Senior Secondary, 705 Rutland Road North
* Springvalley Middle School, 350 Ziprick Road
* Watson Road Elementary School, 475 Yates Road
Voters need to bring two pieces of ID, at least one with a signature, to the polling station to prove residency and identity.
Remember, Kelowna Regional Transit is offering free bus service to everyone on Nov. 15.
For links to press releases on advance polls in the 2011 election, please see Kelowna.ca “News Releases” and click on “More News” and then “History News” at the bottom of the page.
To contact the reporter for this story, email Adam Proskiw at email@example.com or call 250-718-0428. To contact the editor, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-718-2724.