October 09, 2015 - 8:30 AM
KAMLOOPS - This weekend may call for turkey, but there are many places to go and things to enjoy around Thanksgiving weekend and for the rest of the month in Kamloops.
Here is a list of some upcoming activities for you and yours to consider while fall is in the air.
- Wind through the corn maze at Tranquille Farm Fresh where you can also grab this season’s pumpkins along with other autumn delights. Return at night to wander the property’s tunnels and watch the play Crossroads, which features actors explaining the transition of the Tranquille Farm from tuberculosis centre to mental institution. Tickets for the show are available at the Kamloops Live Box Office.
- Pumpkin picking, hay rides and a selection of veggies are all waiting for you at the Sunset Valley Farm on Tranquille Road.
- Take in the latest comedic play presented by the Western Canada Theatre called Don’t Dress for Dinner. The live performance about an affair gone awry will be at the Sagebrush theatre from Oct. 8 to Oct. 17.
- Grab a hot chocolate and take in the Kamloops storm hockey game at the McArthur Island Sports complex at 7 p.m. Oct. 9. Watch the Blazers go head to head with Victoria at the Sandman Centre Oct. 10.
- Take part in a harvest craft session at the Kamloops Museum and Archives from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. Oct. 10.
- Don’t feel like cooking this Thanksgiving? Grab tickets to the North Shore Community Centre’s dinner for 5 p.m. Oct. 11.
- The Swiss Chalet restaurant also plans to have a Thanksgiving Feast available at the Aberdeen location from Oct. 9 to 12.
- Learn some magic magnet tricks Oct. 10 at the Big Little Science Centre at 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- There will be live music in Kamloops this long weekend: Margit Sky Project will play at Chances Oct. 9 at 7 p.m., Serious Dogs will play the Match Eatery Oct. 9 to 10 at 9:30 p.m. Kelly Spencer will put on some live music at Chance’s bar and grill at 7 p.m. Oct. 10. Sue Decker will perform bluegrass music at the Art We Are on Oct. 10. (cover charges or ticket costs may apply).
- The B.C. Wildlife Park is hosting a barbecue on Oct. 12. Receive free admission to the park from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. by donating a food bank item.
To contact a reporter for this story, email Glynn Brothen at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 250-319-7494. To contact the editor, email email@example.com or call 250-718-2724.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2015