Final paving on Lakeshore, Lexington to bridge
Contributed/City of Kelowna
Image Credit: City of Kelowna
May 29, 2015 - 12:33 PM
KELOWNA - Between 6 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Sunday, May 31, Lakeshore Road from the Lexington Drive roundabout to Mission Creek will be closed to northbound traffic for final paving. Sidewalks will remain open and businesses will remain accessible with southbound access. Through traffic to follow detours.
Line painting and crosswalks will be installed in the roundabout in the evenings from Sunday, May 31 to Wednesday, June 3.
Traffic control personnel will be directing motorists and pedestrians, the public’s cooperation and patience will be appreciated.
This work completes the $11-million investment in upgrades that began last year on Kelowna’s premier recreational and commuter corridor.
- improved traffic flow and safety
- upgrades to sanitary trunk, stormwater and water mains
- multi-use pathway and commuter bike lanes
- roundabout at Lexington Drive
- improved Greenway trail-head access
- new sidewalks, streetscaping and landscaping
- underground shallow utilities on east side of road, except electrical
- conduit for future underground of electrical
Visit kelowna.ca/roadreport for the most up to date road closures, project information and potential delays.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2015