Dates Set For First Round Of $20 Dump Days
May 01, 2013 - 3:46 PM
The Thompson-Nicola Regional District has confirmed the first round of dates for this year’s $20 Dump Days, which will take place at waste facilities throughout the North Thompson on Saturday, May 11, except for the Eagan Lake Transfer Station, which will host its event on Sunday, May 12.
Residents can bring in any amount of material equalling a disposal value of $20 or less free of charge. Any amount of material above $20 will incur tipping fees. This event is for residential waste only — no business or commercial loads are allowed.
Scales will be used at the Louis Creek and Clearwater Eco-Depots to determine whether a load meets the $20 threshold, based on regular tipping fees of $60 a tonne. Sites without scales will continue to use the volume-based system. For example, under the volume-based system $20 loads can include any two pieces of large furniture (mattress/couch, etc.), or a short box pick-up with extended sides of household garbage, or a full-sized box pickup of demolition/ construction.
TNRD waste sites around the North Thompson that are participating are:
• Clearwater Eco-Depot (290 Clearwater-100 Mile FSR)
• Louis Creek Eco-Depot (4077 Agate Bay Rd.)
• Eagan Lake Transfer Station (8385 Eagan Lake Rd.)
• Little Fort Transfer Station (4580 Sandhill Rd.)
• McLure Transfer Station (2076 Yellowhead Hwy South) • Vavenby Transfer Station (3125 Allingham Rd.)
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2013