April 01, 2016 - 4:30 PM
PENTICTON - The court proceedings the brother and sister charged with murder in connection of the death of Roxanne Louis came to a temporary halt in Penticton court today.
A pre-trial conference for Grace Robotti, 67 and Pier Robotti, 63, the co-accused in the murder of 26 year old Roxanne Louis in early January 2015, was delayed in Penticton Supreme Court this morning, April 1, after Crown prosecutor Nashina Devji requested an adjournment to allow time for Crown to select senior counsel.
Former Crown prosecutor for the trial, Iain Currie, is no longer available for the trial.
Defence lawyer for Pier Robotti, Don Skogstad, told court he was anxious to see the trial move ahead.
Grace Robotti's defence lawyer James Pennington says he understood Crown’s position and requested a resumption of proceedings on April 25.
Grace Robotti reported Louie missing to police after she failed to catch a flight out of Penticton on Jan. 6, 2015. Her body was later recovered on a logging road northeast of Naramata.
The two accused will stand trial for second degree murder following a decision in a preliminary hearing earlier this year.
To contact a reporter for this story, email Steve Arstad or call 250-488-3065 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to the newsroom and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.
We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2016