Clouds and rain should give way to heat in Kamloops this week

Cloud and rain is expected to give way to sunshine and warmer temperatures in Kamloops this week.

KAMLOOPS - Another rainy weekend is in the books and looking ahead there’s still a chance of rain for the beginning of this week for Kamloops.

Environment Canada is calling for a high of 27 Celsius today, July 11 — which is on par with the seasonal normal of 28 C — with a 30 per cent chance of showers and a risk of thunderstorms this afternoon.

Although we’d all like to see the rain, rain go away, we may have to put up with it for a few more days.

Tuesday is expected to be even soggier than today. Environment Canada is forecasting a mix of sun and cloud with a high of 26 C and a 40 per cent chance of showers during the day, increasing to 60 per cent in the evening.

There is good news, things are expected to dry up by Wednesday. A mix of sun and clouds with a high of 28 C is forecasted for Wednesday.

Thursday should follow with even more heat, with an expected high of 31 C, forecasters say.


To contact a reporter for this story, email Kim Anderson or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to the newsroom and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above. 

Editor's Note in response to allegations from Vernon RCMP Supt. Jim McNamara
Editor’s note: • Watch shifts at the Vernon detachment have fallen to as low as three roadable officers. • The department suffers from chronic understaffing. • Sources, who we trust and who have knowledge of the s

Top News