Authorities: 4 die in Dallas from carbon monoxide poisoning - InfoNews

Current Conditions

Mostly Cloudy

Authorities: 4 die in Dallas from carbon monoxide poisoning

February 03, 2019 - 5:36 PM

DALLAS - Four people have been found dead in a house under construction in Dallas.

The Dallas Morning News reports that authorities say the two men and two children are believed to have died from carbon monoxide poisoning. Dallas Fire-Rescue spokesman Jason Evans says a generator powering a heater and cellphones was inside the house and had run long enough for the carbon monoxide to reach fatal levels.

Fire officials and police were called to the house in Dallas' Oak Cliff neighbourhood about 9:30 a.m. Sunday.

The victims' names and ages haven't been released, but Evans says the children were young boys.

Property owner Hector Medrano says the men were construction workers who recently had to move from their apartments. He says he let them sleep in the home overnight.


Information from: The Dallas Morning News,

News from © The Associated Press, 2019
The Associated Press

  • Popular penticton News
  • Comments
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile