Centenarian dies after being hurt in Baltimore house fire

BALTIMORE - Authorities say a 106-year-old man has died of injuries suffered in a fire in his Baltimore home.

Fire department officials tell local media that Lloyd Taylor was injured Sunday in a fire in his home near Coppin State University. He suffered second-degree burns to his hands, arms, and chest, and was taken to a hospital.

Authorities say Taylor died Wednesday from respiratory failure caused by smoke inhalation.

Officials say the blaze was caused by cooking.


This image released by Lionsgate shows Julia Roberts, left, and Owen Wilson in a scene from "Wonder."
MOVIE REVIEW: 'Wonder' is a sweetly sincere message movie
  OPINION It's hard for us cynical souls to walk into a movie advertised with the tagline "Choose kindness" and not shudder in trepidation. What sentimental hooey is this? What new hellish circle of cheese

Top News