Unsettled weather conditions in central and north Okanagan should be gone by weekend | iNFOnews | Thompson-Okanagan's News Source

Current Conditions

Light Rain
3.3°C

Penticton News

Unsettled weather conditions in central and north Okanagan should be gone by weekend

The South Okanagan should escape unsettled weather expected in the north and central Okanagan today and tomorrow.
July 23, 2020 - 11:58 AM

The north and central Okanagan might see some showers today and tomorrow, but those unsettled conditions should clear in time for a sunny, summery weekend.

In Kelowna, Environment Canada says to expect mainly sunny conditions this afternoon, July 23, with southwest winds at 20km/h gusting to 40 later in the day. The daytime high temperature should reach 30 Celsius with a low of 14 C tonight under increasing cloudy conditions.

In Vernon, it should be a mainly sunny this afternoon with winds southwest at 20 km/h and a high of 29 C. Vernon should see a low of 14 C tonight along with a 30 per cent chance of showers before morning.

Penticton should see mainly sunny skies today and a high of 31 C with northwest winds at 20 km/h later in the day. Penticton should see a low of 17 C tonight under partly cloudy skies.

There is a 60 per cent chance of showers in the forecast for Friday, in Vernon, 40 per cent in Kelowna, along with a thunderstorm risk in both cities.

Vernon’s high on Friday should reach 22 C with an overnight low of 11 C.

Northwest winds at 20 km/h are expected to gust to 40 near noon with a high of 23 C and a low of 11 C expected in Kelowna.

Penticton should see a mix of sun and cloud on Friday with northwest winds at 30 km/h near noon. The city should see a high of 25 C and a low of 11 C.

The sun returns on Saturday in the Okanagan along with a high of 25 C and a low of 12 C.

On Sunday, things begin to warm up with more sun and a high of 30 C expected. Sunday’s low should dip to 14 C.

Next week looks sunny and very warm at this point, with the forecast calling for sunny skies through Wednesday.

Monday’s expected high is 30 C, followed by a high of 34 C on Tuesday and 33 C on Wednesday, with lows of 16 C and 17 C respectively.

Normal temperatures at this time of year in the Okanagan are highs of 27 C and lows of 12 C.


To contact a reporter for this story, email Steve Arstad or call 250-488-3065 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to tips@infonews.ca and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above.

News from © iNFOnews, 2020
iNFOnews

  • Popular kelowna News
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile