Eric McCormack says his Canadian-shot Netflix series 'Travelers' has been cancelled - InfoNews

Current Conditions

Mostly Cloudy
-1.4°C

Eric McCormack says his Canadian-shot Netflix series 'Travelers' has been cancelled

Eric McCormack is pictured as he arrives at a reception before receiving the Stratford Festival Legacy Award in Toronto on Monday, September 18, 2017. Eric McCormack says Vancouver-shot sci-fi TV series "Travelers'' has been cancelled. The Canadian actor posted a video on Friday via Twitter telling fans of the dystopian show that its third season was its last. THE CANADIAN PRESS/Chris Young
February 01, 2019 - 2:10 PM

TORONTO - Eric McCormack says Vancouver-shot sci-fi TV series "Travelers'' has been cancelled.

The Canadian actor posted a video on Friday via Twitter telling fans the third season of the dystopian show was its last.

"A lot of you have been asking about the possibility of a season 4 but many of you have been saying, 'If this is it, what a moving and surprise and profound ending it is,'" he said in the message.

"Well, I'm afraid it is. Who knows what the future holds but 'Travelers,' program 1, as we call it, is complete."

The series followed several time travellers who journey from the future to the 21st century via their consciousness and infiltrate the bodies of people in an effort to save humanity from calamity.

The first two seasons aired on Showcase and Netflix in Canada before it was picked up exclusively by Netflix for its third season, which was released in December.

Last month, Netflix apologized for using images of the Lac-Megantic rail disaster in the show to portray a nuclear attack. Producers said they did not know the footage was taken at the site of the tragic 2013 event in Quebec, and that it would be removed.

Follow @dfriend Twitter.

News from © The Canadian Press, 2019
The Canadian Press

  • Popular penticton News
  • Comments
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile