No rain in sight for Mother's Day in Okanagan, Kamloops | iNFOnews | Thompson-Okanagan's News Source

Current Conditions

Partly Cloudy
25.0°C

Penticton News

No rain in sight for Mother's Day in Okanagan, Kamloops

Weekend weather for Kamloops and the Okanagan is expected to be pretty typical for this time of year, with seasonal temperatures and a mix of sun and cloud expected Saturday and Sunday.
May 06, 2021 - 11:00 AM

Kamloops and the Okanagan could see some showers today and tomorrow before seasonal temperatures make their way into the B.C. southern Interior this weekend.

It’s shaping up to be a typical early spring weekend, weather-wise, with a mix of sun and cloud and temperatures hovering around seasonal norms, making it perfect for outdoor spring activities.

Kelowna, Vernon and Penticton should see a high today, May 6, of 22 Celsius with a 40 per cent chance of showers increasing to 60 per cent overnight.

Temperatures drop on Friday to a high of only 14 C along with a mix of sun and cloud. Vernon and Kelowna could see a 60 per cent chance of showers Friday, with all three cities looking at a 60 per cent chance of rain overnight. The showers are expected to give way to a mix of sun and cloud for the remainder of the weekend.

Highs in the Okanagan aren’t expected to break the 20 C mark, with a high of 18 C on Saturday and 19 C on Sunday.

More sun and cloud is anticipated into next week, with highs creeping back to the low 20s for Okanagan cities.

Kelowna, Vernon and Penticton normally see a high of 18 C and a low of 5 C in early May.

Kamloops is expected to see a high of 24 C today along with a 40 per cent chance of showers today and tonight.

The city will see cooler temperatures tomorrow as well, with a high of 14 C expected, along with a 60 per cent chance of showers through Friday night.

The weekend should see a sun and cloud mix with a high of 18 C on Saturday and 18 C on Sunday.

The average high and low temperatures in Kamloops for early May are 20 C and 6 C.


To contact a reporter for this story, email Steve Arstad or call 250-488-3065 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to tips@infonews.ca and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above.

News from © iNFOnews, 2021
iNFOnews

  • Popular kamloops News
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile