Man overdoses in Kelowna gas station washroom | iNFOnews | Thompson-Okanagan's News Source

Current Conditions

Light Snow
-2.2°C

Kelowna News

Man overdoses in Kelowna gas station washroom

A 46-year-old overdosed in the washroom at the Chevron station at 375 Harvey Ave. on Saturday, Dec. 5, 2015.
Image Credit: Global Okanagan (with permission)
December 06, 2015 - 11:00 AM

KELOWNA – No foul play is suspected after a man overdosed in the bathroom at a Kelowna gas station yesterday afternoon.

Police and paramedics were called to the Chevron station at 375 Harvey Ave. at around 1:10 p.m., Dec. 5, after a man locked himself in the washroom for several hours, according to a RCMP media release.

Once they got inside, officers found the body of a 46-year-old man along with drug paraphernalia.

RCMP say no foul play is suspected and the B.C. Coroners Service is investigating.

The man’s family has been contacted. His name hasn’t been released.

To contact the reporter for this story, email Adam Proskiw at aproskiw@infonews.ca or call 250-718-0428. To contact the editor, email mjones@infonews.ca or call 250-718-2724.

News from © iNFOnews, 2015
iNFOnews

  • Popular kelowna News
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile