First taste of summer-like weather on its way to Okanagan, Kamloops | iNFOnews | Thompson-Okanagan's News Source

Current Conditions

Mainly Sunny
0.2°C

Penticton News

First taste of summer-like weather on its way to Okanagan, Kamloops

Weather in Kamloops and the Okanagan should be great for ducks into Saturday, but much improved conditions are expected Sunday into next week for the region.
April 08, 2021 - 11:00 AM

Rain gear may be the most appropriate attire for Kamloops and Okanagan residents for the next few days, but don’t despair – you could be wearing shorts and T-shirts by next Tuesday.

A drying trend starting on Sunday will see improving temperatures into next week along with a forecast for lots of sunshine, so get ready for the first taste of summer-like conditions this year.

Environment Canada says today, April 8, and tomorrow could be wet, however, with a 60 per cent chance of showers or wet flurries for Kamloops, Kelowna and Vernon. It might be a little drier in Penticton with a 40 per cent chance of showers or flurries today, decreasing to 30 per cent tonight and tomorrow.

Kamloops should see a high of 10 C today and tomorrow. Penticton, Kelowna and Vernon are expected to reach a high of 11 C today with a high of 9 C for Kelowna and Vernon, and 8 C for Penticton tomorrow.

Saturday should see improving conditions in Kamloops, with sunny skies and a high of 10 C expected. Showers are expected to hang on in Penticton, Kelowna and Vernon at a 60 per cent chance along with a high of 8 C.

A warming trend is expected to begin building Sunday with sunny skies and highs of 12 to 14 C.

More sunshine and increasing temperatures are forecast for Monday through Wednesday next week with highs reaching 23 C in Kamloops by Wednesday, and 21 C in Vernon, Kelowna and Penticton.

Kamloops’s normal daily high and low for early April is 16 C and 2 C. Vernon, Kelowna and Penticton’s normal high and low is 14 C and 1 C.


To contact a reporter for this story, email Steve Arstad or call 250-488-3065 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to tips@infonews.ca and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above.

News from © iNFOnews, 2021
iNFOnews

  • Popular kamloops News
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile