Firefighters snuff out West Kelowna chimney fire
Firefighters were called to a chimney fire in a West Kelowna home Tuesday, Dec. 20, 2016.
Image Credit: West Kelowna Fire Rescue
December 21, 2016 - 12:28 PM
WEST KELOWNA – West Kelowna Fire Rescue responded to a chimney fire in the Lakeview Heights neighbourhood of West Kelowna last night.
At approximately 8:45 p.m., Dec. 20, two engines, one command vehicle and 11 firefighters responded to the call on Vector Drive, fire chief Jason Brolund says in a media release.
Brolund says the chimney fire was extinguished, then crews checked and confirmed the fire did not spread into the house.
"This event serves as another opportunity for us to remind the public that they should ensure their chimneys have been cleaned and assessed by a qualified technician," Brolund says in the release. "Despite our repeated reminders, we continue to attend to a chimney fires that could have been prevented with proper maintenance. In these cases, a small amount of preventative maintenance can prevent a devastating event."
To contact a reporter for this story, email Adam Proskiw or call 250-718-0428 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to the newsroom and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.
We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2016