Damage contained in Penticton clothes dryer fire
Penticton firefighters were called to a clothes dryer fire at a Green Avenue carriage house Monday, Jan. 23, 2017.
Image Credit: Skylar Noe-Vack
January 24, 2017 - 2:12 PM
PENTICTON - Penticton firefighters were able to limit the damage caused by a clothes dryer fire at a home last night.
Penticton Deputy Fire Chief Dave Spalding says the department was dispatched to a carriage house on Green Avenue at 11:55 p.m. yesterday, Jan 23, where a clothes dryer had caught fire.
Spalding says firefighters removed the dryer from the building and vented the unit of smoke.
The residents were able to return to their home a short time after.
To contact a reporter for this story, email Steve Arstad or call 250-488-3065 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to the newsroom and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.
We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2017