Central Okanagan Mountie faces trial in 2021 for sex assault | iNFOnews | Thompson-Okanagan's News Source

Current Conditions

0.1°C

Kelowna News

Central Okanagan Mountie faces trial in 2021 for sex assault

Kelowna Law Courts.
August 29, 2020 - 4:33 PM

An officer in the B.C. RCMP's Southeast District will be going to trial next year for one count of sexual assault.

Const. Chad Lincoln Vance is scheduled for a full trial starting Feb. 16, 2021, at 9 a.m. The charge stems from an incident that occurred between July 1 and July 30, 2015, but there is nothing in court documents to indicate what happened. The file indicates it's a domestic incident. 

The Southeast District covers much of the southern Interior of B.C. through to the Alberta border.

Const. Vance was suspended with pay and his duty status is subject to continual review and assessment, B.C. RCMP senior media relations officer Staff Sgt. Janelle Shoihet said in a December 2019 email to iNFOnews.ca.

At the time she said the RCMP Internal Code of Conduct processes were initiated.

Shoihet would not say where Vance worked or how long he had been with the RCMP in the Southeast District, other than to say he was posted to the district’s general investigation section and he was not a member of the Kelowna detachment.


To contact a reporter for this story, email Kathy Michaels or call 250-718-0428 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to the newsroom and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above. 

News from © iNFOnews, 2020
iNFOnews

  • Popular vernon News
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile