Built-up dryer lint caused fire in Kelowna strip mall | iNFOnews | Thompson-Okanagan's News Source

Current Conditions

Mostly Cloudy
4.1°C

Kelowna News

Built-up dryer lint caused fire in Kelowna strip mall

A water tender in Kelowna Fire Department's Enterprise Way fire station.
August 21, 2020 - 4:11 PM

Kelowna firefighters took down a fire in a strip mall this afternoon that started from built up dryer lint.

At roughly 12:23 p.m. Kelowna Fire Dispatch received 9-1-1 calls reporting smoke coming from the roof of a strip mall in the 2660 block of Pandosy St.

Firefighters confirmed smoke was seen was billowing out of the roof upon arrival. Crews were able to extinguish the fire inside the unit, without damaging any other units, according to the Kelowna Fire Department in a news release.

The fire department responded with four engines, a ladder truck, a command unit and 18 fire personnel along with the RCMP and B.C. Ambulance Service.
 


To contact a reporter for this story, email Carli Berry or call 250-864-7494 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to the newsroom and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above. 

 

News from © iNFOnews, 2020
iNFOnews

  • Popular penticton News
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile