December 29, 2014 - 3:38 PM
KAMLOOPS - Whether you’re looking for family fun or a chance to cut loose, there’s a party for everyone in Kamloops. Here are some different options with prices for you to take a look at.
- The Coast Kamloops Hotel and Conference Centre in Aberdeen offers a dinner buffet with wine, party favours and champagne at midnight. For entertainment, Vancouver band the Neurotics will play a Beatles tribute, disco music and a top 40 set list. Tickets are $65. For more information and ticket purchases, call 250-828-6660. Tickets are still available.
- Downtown’s Plaza Hotel has two different party options for your celebration. The first option is dinner at the Fireside Steakhouse, followed by cocktails in the Blackwell Ballroom at 9 p.m. Alternatively, guests can choose between only attending the dinner or the cocktail party. Michael Turner and Cathi Marshall will provide music throughout the evening with their band, Leisure Suite. Tickets for the dinner are $55 with an additional $20 charge for those who choose to attend the ballroom party. Tickets for the cocktail party cost $50. The party will feature a poutine bar, party favours, champagne and a balloon drop. Call or visit the plaza hotel to get tickets. -Seats are still available. If you have specific dietary restrictions, take a look at the menu before purchasing tickets. The chef will not be making any substitutions.
- You can sing your way into 2015 with the Bluesfoot band at the Blue Grotto. Tickets are $15 in advance and $20 at the door. Snacks, champagne and party favours will be available at midnight. -30 tickets remaining.
- The Scattered Atoms will be performing at the Pogue Mahone’s Irish Pub to ring in the New Year. Snacks and drinks will be provided at midnight. Tickets cost $20 and are available at the pub along with Kamloopslive.ca -Tickets are still available, but staff expect the event to sell out by New Year's.
- If food is a key part of your celebrating, maybe the New Year’s Eve Affair party at Hoodoo’s is for you. Four dinner stations, a dessert station and a glass of champagne at midnight are included in your $70 ticket. Common Sound will provide music to dance to. Reservations start at 6:30 p.m. -SOLD OUT
- If you want to dress up for a 1920s French Monaco theme, attend Hotel 540’s Casino Royale New Year’s party. Your $60 ticket buys you dinner, music, dancing and a glass of champagne at midnight. You can buy tickets (cash or cheque only) at Goldie’s Flavours of India restaurant on Columbia Street or at the hotel. An online purchase option is also available. -13 tickets remaining.
- Go night skiing or tubing at Harper Mountain. Night ski and ride is from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. and costs the regular price. Choose a time to ride in the tube park either from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. or from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Fireworks are just after 9 p.m. For more information or to book a tubing session, call 250-573-5115 ext. 1 -Five spots remaining from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. time slot. More spots are available between 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Country dancing and bullriding is available at the North Thompson Agriplex in Barriere. The event is fundraising to provide rural youth with scholarships. Tickets for both the bullriding and dance are $50. The dance is adults only, so if you’re looking to bring the family, tickets to the bullriding event are $30. Kids under 10 get in for free. You can buy tickets online. -Spots still available.
- Food, door prizes, drinks and dancing are all available at the Colombo Lodge’s New Year’s party. Tickets are $70 for adults and $35 for children aged three to 12. For tickets and information call the lodge at 250-374-4914 -SOLD OUT
- Sun Peaks will host its First Flight Big Air International at the Rockstar Energy terrain park and feature a glow stick parade, skiers torch parade before the fireworks show. For more information call 250-578-5474.
Remember there are options available if you choose to drink over the holidays. Do not drink and drive:
- You can call Operation Red Nose. Volunteers will drive you in your car wherever you need to go in Kamloops for a donation. Call 250-372-5110.
- Zero Tolerance DD’s offers a similar service to Red Nose. Contact 778-220-9376.
- Kami Cabs – 250-374-9999
- Yellow Cabs – 250-374-3333
To contact a reporter for this story, email Glynn Brothen at email@example.com or call 250-319-7494. To contact an editor, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-718-2724
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2014