Current Conditions

Mainly Clear

Where there's smoke... there's a grease fire

August 30, 2013 - 4:48 PM

KAMLOOPS - A Friday afternoon scramble in Brock this afternoon was due to a kitchen fire.

The Garden View apartment building on Brunner Avenue in Kamloops was evacuated after a resident had a grease fire.

Residents were evacuated from the building — some elderly residents escorted out by younger ones — but the fire was isolated to the one apartment and was put out immediately.

Fire crews on scene had everyone back inside within the hour and reported no damage or injuries.

To contact a reporter for this story, email:, call: (250) 319-7494 or tweet: @jess__wallace.

News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2013
InfoTel News Ltd

  • Popular kelowna News
  • Comments

View Site in: Desktop | Mobile