West Kelowna parks and sports fields open for the season
Contributed/District of West Kelowna
April 10, 2015 - 10:31 AM
With a milder than normal winter and favourable weather so far this spring, West Kelowna will open its parks and sports fields April 11, one week ahead schedule.
The milder weather also means all tennis and pickle ball courts are open now. Most were opened by the first week of Spring Break this year, more than two weeks earlier than usual.
The only exception will be Kids Care Spray Park in Westbank Centre Park, which will open the May long weekend, as per usual.
Preparations completed over the past few weeks have included:
· Cleaning and prepping beaches, pickle ball and tennis courts and washrooms;
· Laying down new mulch in dog parks;
· Prepping beach volleyball courts and sports fields;
· Readying sand and sandbags should they be required for spring freshet; and,
· Spring cleaning in parks.
For more information on the District of West Kelowna’s 129 beaches, parks, sports fields and trails, including their amenities, booking information, where applicable, directions and maps, please visit www.districtofwestkelowna.ca.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2015