Trial to continue for man who accused bus driver of kidnapping

KAMLOOPS - A Kamloops man charged with mischief and assault following an incident on a Kamloops city bus is expected to return to court for a continuation of his trial in November.

Bradley Derek Smith was charged after posting a video to YouTube in December 2012. The video publicly accuses a local public city bus driver of kidnapping both Smith and another passenger. The bus driver faced suspension but was exonerated after an investigation.

Now Smith faces charges and is representing himself in court.

He told media at the courthouse in August that he has no law experience and that his defence case would be 'shocking.'

He also said he was falsely accused and that both B.C. Transit and FirstCanada, the company that employs the bus driver, are performing damage control after the video was released.

His trial began in August and is set to continue Nov. 26.

To contact a reporter for this story, email: jwallace@infotelnews.ca, call: (250) 319-7494 or tweet: @jess__wallace.


letters-to-the-editor
CANNINGS: Tax breaks and loopholes in the latest budget
  OPINION As I discussed in my last column, the federal government had an opportunity in last week’s budget to finally start closing the growing income inequality gap in Canada. But, unfortunately the Liberals cho

Top News