Snow heading to town

Get your shovels ready-we could see snow hit the valley bottom this week.


THOMPSON-OKANAGAN - Snow has already been accumulating on some highway passes and this week we may see some of the white stuff hit valley bottoms as a system moves over the region.

Environment Canada is calling for warming temperatures through the weekend as cloud cover moves in. Highs of -3 to 0 Celsius are expected today with temperatures reaching as high as 6 C over the weekend.

A mix of sun and cloud is expected across the region today with temperatures dropped as low as -7 C overnight. Tomorrow there is a 30-40 per cent chance of flurries in the evening and then a 60-70 per cent chance on Friday. Saturday brings a 30 per cent chance of showers to the Okanagan region as well.

The near-freezing temperatures combined with precipitation should help clear the air of smoke this week but could also create driving hazards as precipitation melts and freezes. Snow tires are required at this time of year on most provincial highways and it is recommended drivers have a safety kit in their vehicles as well.

Normal temperatures at this time of year range from a low of -3 C to a high of 4 C. Temperatures have remained below or near freezing for more than a week already under Arctic air that has cooled down much of the province.

To contact a reporter for this story, email Jennifer Stahn at or call 250-819-3723. To contact an editor, email or call 250-718-2724.

Reports came in to the RAPP hotline of this buck that was trapped in a volleyball net.
Why our cities and towns are hazardous to deer
KELOWNA - Over the weekend, Conservation Officers rescued a large buck that was became ensnared in a volleyball net. While the image may seem strange, Ken Owens, Conservation Officer in the North Okanagan says it's actually quite commo

Top News