September 27, 2016 - 6:30 PM
OSOYOOS - A butane explosion blew apart a shed in Osoyoos on the weekend and sent a man to hospital with burns.
Osoyoos fire chief Rick Jones says they were called the explosion on Oleander Drive in Osoyoos at around 10 p.m., Friday, Sept. 23.
A man working in his backyard shed at a trailer court in the 4400 block Oleander Drive appeared to be working with butane when it exploded, Jones says.
The shed was blown apart and the man, believed to be in his early 30s, was taken to hospital with second and third degree burns to his head, neck and throat.
“I’m hoping he’s going to be okay,” Jones says, noting butane must be handled carefully.
Firefighters dousing a few lightly burning embers at the scene.
To contact a reporter for this story, email Steve Arstad or call 250-488-3065 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to the newsroom and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.
We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2016