September 16, 2014 - 4:17 PM
KAMLOOPS - The official plan for Kamloops won't be a vision of the future without input from the community according to the city.
The big question being put forward is, 'How can we make Kamloops an even better place?' and fo find out, a number of public input opportunities will be offered during the month of October.
1. Come to the Kick-Off Launch Event for the KAMPLAN review and update. There are two locations to choose from:
- South Shore: October 1st at Aberdeen Mall in the old East Side Mario’s location, from 12:00 to 4:00 pm; or
- North Shore: October 2nd at North Hills Mall at the Extra Foods entrance, from 5:00 to 9:00 pm.
- Both events will feature live music, food, and interactive games and activities.
2. Fill out the online community survey: www.kamloops.ca/letstalk
3. The City will be holding community meetings with interested organizations and members of the public to have deeper discussions on five topics. To arrange a community meeting at your location, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-828-3568.
Those who participate in an engagement opportunity will be entered into a draw for prizes such as a two night Ski & Stay at Sun Peaks resort, a $200 gift certificate for Save on Foods and a $100 gift certificate for various restaurants.
Those interested in taking part are encouraged to educate themselves about the project, the history of the plan and five general topic areas for discussion by reading historical background reports and conversation starters at www.kamloops.ca/letstalk.
For more information on the project and upcoming opportunities, please visit www.kamloops.ca/letstalk.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2014