Resident sprays water on neighbour's burning deck

A resident attacked a fire burning his neighbour's deck on Veteran's Drive Sunday morning.
Image Credit: Google

PENTICTON - The sun was shining and a deck was burning for one resident on Sunday morning.

A deck at a Veteran Drive's residence caught fire shortly before 11:51 a.m. There were reports of smoke fire chief Wayne Williams says but some thought it was coming from a barbecue. A neighbour spotted the burning deck and turned a garden hose on it. City firefighters arrived and finished the job.

The fire was likely caused by an electrical short in an extension cable Williams says. There were no reports of injuries.

To contact a reporter for this story, to send photos or videos, email Shannon Quesnel at squesnel@infotelnews.ca, call 250-488-3065, tweet @shannonquesnel1 or @InfoNewsPentict


THOMPSON: Polio, books and the Cold War all part of growing up in 1950s Florida
  OPINION This week's column is another excerpt from a book I am writing about growing up in Florida during the 1950s and 1960s. Again, despite the distance in miles and time, perhaps it will sound familiar to some

Top News