Current Conditions

Mostly Cloudy

Resident sprays water on neighbour's burning deck

A resident attacked a fire burning his neighbour's deck on Veteran's Drive Sunday morning.
Image Credit: Google
September 03, 2013 - 2:26 PM

PENTICTON - The sun was shining and a deck was burning for one resident on Sunday morning.

A deck at a Veteran Drive's residence caught fire shortly before 11:51 a.m. There were reports of smoke fire chief Wayne Williams says but some thought it was coming from a barbecue. A neighbour spotted the burning deck and turned a garden hose on it. City firefighters arrived and finished the job.

The fire was likely caused by an electrical short in an extension cable Williams says. There were no reports of injuries.

To contact a reporter for this story, to send photos or videos, email Shannon Quesnel at, call 250-488-3065, tweet @shannonquesnel1 or @InfoNewsPentict

News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2013
InfoTel News Ltd

  • Popular kamloops News
  • Comments

View Site in: Desktop | Mobile