Rain today, heat next week

Rain and cooler temperatures will give way to sunshine and above normal temperatures next week.

KAMLOOPS – Environment Canada continues to warn of possible heavy rainfall today, but offers up hope in the form of sunshine and 30 Celsius for early next week.

Many people awoke to a light rain shower this morning in Kamloops and a 60 per cent chance of showers or thunderstorms remains for the rest of the day and overnight while tomorrow there is only a 40 per cent chance of showers later in the day.

The forecasters have continued the Special Weather Statement that was originally issued Thursday morning.

The potential for heavy rainfall across southern B.C. continues today and through to Saturday morning.

An area of low pressure over Washington State will slowly move eastwards today and over the weekend. Heavy showers and thunderstorms have spread over the Southern Interior with some regions expecting upwards of 40 mm by Saturday afternoon.

Forecasters are thinking eastern section of the Interior will get the heavier rain. Rainfall or severe thunderstorm watches or warnings might be issued once they figure where the heavier bands of precipitation are tracking.

By Sunday Kamloops can expect to see above normal temperatures with a mix of sun and cloud and heading into the week highs range from 29-31 C with sun.

To contact a reporter for this story, email jstahn@infotelnews.ca, call (250)819-3723 or tweet @JennStahn.

Moran: Foraging for food can be a family affair
In several of my columns I have mentioned my first forage, collecting morel mushrooms in the Fly Hills of Salmon Arm 17 years ago. Today I am taking it back a generation. My Dad grew up in Wiarton, Ont. and every year his six children

Top News