March 18, 2015 - 2:17 PM
VICTORIA - Businesses wanting to learn more about the Provincial Sales Tax (PST) can join an interactive webinar hosted by the provincial government on Wednesday, March 25, 2015, Minister of State for Tourism and Small Business Naomi Yamamoto announced today.
Due to limited space, participating businesses must register online by Tuesday, March 24, 2015.
The interactive webinars provide information on general PST application, registration and the online services option, eTaxBC, followed by a question and answer session.
Registration for the webinar and information is available at: www.gov.bc.ca/pstoutreach
The webinar is scheduled for:
* Wednesday, March 25, 2015, from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Government is reaching out to businesses throughout B.C. to ensure they have the information they need in relation to the PST. Additional tools and services available to help businesses include:
* PST bulletins and notices - including the publications Registering to Collect PST, Charging, Collecting and Remitting PST, and Small Business Guide to PST.
* Videos online at: www.gov.bc.ca/pstoutreach
- PST Online Registration
- File and Pay PST
- eTaxBC for Third Party Tax Preparers
* Businesses with questions regarding the PST can call the toll-free helpline 1-877-388-4440 or email questions to: CTBTaxQuestions@gov.bc.ca
* Small business makes up 98% of all business in the province and employs over one million people.
* Small business provides nearly 55% of all private-sector jobs in British Columbia, the second highest rate in the country.
* More than 400 registrants have participated in PST webinars since they
began in April 2013.
* Businesses selling or leasing taxable goods or selling software or taxable services in B.C. must register to obtain a PST number.
* Businesses can register to collect PST three ways:
- Online - go to: www.gov.bc.ca/etaxbc/register
- In person - go to the nearest Service BC Centre. See locations at: www.servicebc.gov.bc.ca/ - or visit the office at 1802 Douglas St. in Victoria.
- By mail or fax - complete the Application for Registration for Provincial Sales Tax (FIN 418) found at: www.gov.bc.ca/pst (Go to Forms).
* A PST number will be assigned once the business registration application is processed.
Register for future webinars by completing the online registration form found at: www.gov.bc.ca/pstoutreach
View the presentation from previous webinar sessions: www.gov.bc.ca/pstoutreach
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2015