Police still investigating shooting in Fortune Drive home

RCMP

KAMLOOPS – So far no charges have been laid after a Kamloops man was shot in the face August 2.

Around midnight last Saturday, officers discovered the 23-year-old male on the front steps of a house on the 300 block of Fortune Drive. He was still breathing and conscious after suffering a gunshot wound to his left cheek and injuries to his right hand. He required surgery on a bullet lodged near his spine and is expected to recover.

Four people at the scene of the shooting were taken into custody. The matter has not been taken to court yet. In a phone interview, RCMP spokesperson Cpl. Cheryl Bush said she's not able to comment on whether charges are pending for any of the individuals, if they were released or if any have been deemed a suspect.

“The matter is still under investigation,” Bush said, adding she hasn't seen any reports that have gone to court.

Police can only hold members in custody for a period of 24 hours if formal charges aren't laid during that period.

To contact a reporter for this story, email gbrothen@infotelnews.ca, or call 250-319-7494. To contact the editor, email mjones@infotelnews.ca or call 250-718-2724.


john-mcdonald
McDONALD: The Canada Food Guide and how I became a One Percenter
OPINION I’m a One Percenter and there’s more than a few of my friends and relatives who don’t much seem to like it. I never lord it over them. I’ve been on the other side, hated it and never want to g

Top News