Overdone dinner results in fire call in Penticton

PENTICTON - A dinner a little too overcooked prompted a response from Penticton firefighters yesterday afternoon, Sept. 9.

Penticton firefighters responded to a call for a structure fire on Barton Court at approximately 2:30 p.m. yesterday afternoon. Two trucks and six crew members arrived at the scene to find a smoke-filled kitchen.

Upon entering the building through the garage, firefighters found the source of the smoke to be coming from two pots on the stove. The pots were removed from the building and taken outside.

Firefighters then vented the building to remove the remaining smoke.

The residence suffered only minor smoke damage. No injuries were reported.

To contact the reporter for this story, email Steve Arstad at sarstad@infonews.ca or call 250-488-3065. To contact the editor, email mjones@infonews.ca or call 250-718-2724.

Moran: Foraging for food can be a family affair
In several of my columns I have mentioned my first forage, collecting morel mushrooms in the Fly Hills of Salmon Arm 17 years ago. Today I am taking it back a generation. My Dad grew up in Wiarton, Ont. and every year his six children

Top News