September 10, 2015 - 9:53 AM
PENTICTON - A dinner a little too overcooked prompted a response from Penticton firefighters yesterday afternoon, Sept. 9.
Penticton firefighters responded to a call for a structure fire on Barton Court at approximately 2:30 p.m. yesterday afternoon. Two trucks and six crew members arrived at the scene to find a smoke-filled kitchen.
Upon entering the building through the garage, firefighters found the source of the smoke to be coming from two pots on the stove. The pots were removed from the building and taken outside.
Firefighters then vented the building to remove the remaining smoke.
The residence suffered only minor smoke damage. No injuries were reported.
To contact the reporter for this story, email Steve Arstad at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-488-3065. To contact the editor, email email@example.com or call 250-718-2724.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2015