June 02, 2014 - 10:54 AM
KAMLOOPS – In celebration of the Inaugural National Health and Fitness Day initiative, the City of Kamloops is hosting a free group fitness class and expo on June 1, 2013.
Everyone is invited to join for this 75-minute fitness class that includes Zumba, cardio, strength, Pilates and yoga. The class will take place at the Tournament Capital Centre’s lower grass field, starting at 9:00 am.
Different instructors from across the community will come together to instruct this one-of-a-kind class, including:
· Shalen Curle - Let’s Move Studio
· Laurie Evans - Zumba Fitness with Laurie
· Kristy Plato - Ladies Only Fitness
· Gaudenza Plato - Ladies Only Fitness
· Sandra Labbe - Gold’s Gym
· Cathy Bliault - City of Kamloops
· Cassie Marchuk - Evolve Pilates Studio
· Melissa Phillips - Evolve Pilates Studio
· Tania McCartney - Grounded & Sound Yoga
· Joy Demsey - Kamloops Hot Yoga
The event will be led by Jo Berry of RUNClub and Nelly Dever of Nelly’s Executive Fitness, and will include random draw prizes for participants. Many facilities from around town will have information booths set up to showcase their facilities and services.
Other free events are taking place throughout the day in support of National Health and Fitness Day:
· 11:00 am - Kenna Cartwright Park Hike (meet at the Home Depot parking lot)
· 11:00 am to 1:00 pm - Tim Horton's Free Skate at Brock Arena
· 11:00 am to 12:00 pm - Swim Doctor at the Canada Games Aquatic Centre
· 6:00 to 8:00 pm - Family games and activities at the Canada Games Aquatic Centre
Visit Tourism Kamloops at www.tourismkamloops.com/events for many other great healthy living initiatives around town.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2014