Minor Kelowna kitchen fire extinguished

FILE PHOTO
Image Credit: iStockphoto.com

KELOWNA - A small Kelowna kitchen fire was quickly put out thanks in part to the help of a resident in the home last night.

Flames from a gas stove fire spread to the kitchen cabinets in a home in the 400-block of Providence Avenue in the Upper Mission at around 6:57 p.m., Jan. 2, according to a Kelowna Fire Department media release.

Firefighters arrived to find a resident had used a dry chemical extinguisher on the blaze and they put out what was left of the fire.

“Fire crews checked for extension and then ventilated the house to remove all smoke,” Platoon Capt. Eric Simpson says in the release. “No one was injured and residents are able to remain in the home.”

Approximate location of home in the 400-block of Providence Avenue in Kelowna which had a minor kitchen fire, Saturday, Jan. 2, 2016.

To contact the reporter for this story, email Howard Alexander at halexander@infonews.ca. To contact the editor, email mjones@infonews.ca or call 250-718-2724.


letters-to-the-editor
ALBAS: Unpacking the Cannabis Act
  OPINION Editor, Last week the Liberal Government introduced the much anticipated Marijuana legalization bill, technically known as Bill C-45 “The Cannabis Act”. First let me state that the Liberals c
mark-walker
WALKER: Inventory low in Kelowna Real estate market
  OPINION The latest numbers from the Okanagan Mainline Real Estate Board (OMREB) reveal that inventory (homes on the market) remains low when compared with 2016 and 2015. This is particularly evident when looking at pr

Top News