Late night fire quickly extinguished thanks to keen eye of passerby
Image Credit: Google Streetview
September 30, 2014 - 9:13 AM
KELOWNA - It was almost midnight when a lone passerby noticed a small flame flickering on a 10th floor balcony in Kelowna and called 911.
The Kelowna Fire Department responded to the call at 11:55 p.m., rushing to the Executive House condomininums located at 737 Leon Ave. to put the small fire out before it became a larger problem.
The fire was quickly extinguished before it spread to the residence. An investigation revealed the fire was ignited by smokers materials that caught a plastic garbage bag on fire.
No one was injured and the building did not have to be evacuated.
To fight the blaze, the fire department sent three engines, one rescue vehicle, one command vehicle and a safety unit along with 17 personnel.
To contact the reporter for this story, email Adam Proskiw at email@example.com or call 250-718-0428. To contact the editor, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-718-2724.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2014