Kitchen fire quickly extinguished by firefighters

A kitchen fire at this home at 1981 Gordon Drive in Kelowna was quickly extinguished by firefighters on Sunday afternoon.
Image Credit: Google Street View

KELOWNA – Smoke was pouring out the front door and the smoke alarm was screaming as fire crews arrived at a home on Gordon Drive on Sunday afternoon.

Firefighters quickly had the fire in the kitchen under control.

No word on how much damage was done to the house.

The cause of the fire isn’t considered suspicious.

To contact the reporter for this story, email Adam Proskiw at or call 250-718-0428. To contact the editor, email or call 250-718-2724.

Reports came in to the RAPP hotline of this buck that was trapped in a volleyball net.
Why our cities and towns are hazardous to deer
KELOWNA - Over the weekend, Conservation Officers rescued a large buck that was became ensnared in a volleyball net. While the image may seem strange, Ken Owens, Conservation Officer in the North Okanagan says it's actually quite commo

Top News