Kitchen fire in Kaleden sends one to hospital

A kitchen fire at a home at 420 Lakehill Rd. in Kaleden sent one person to hospital with smoke inhalation, Sunday, June 21, 2015.

KALEDEN – Fire crews put out a fire in a kitchen at a home in Kaleden this afternoon but not before extensive damage was down.

The Kaleden Volunteer Fire Department was called to the home at 420 Lakehill Rd. around noon, June 21, according to fire chief Darlene Bailey.

Bailey says one person was taken to hospital with smoke inhalation.

No word yet on what started the fire, which she says extensively damaged the kitchen and caused smoke damage in the rest of the house.

To contact the reporter for this story, email Steve Arstad at sarstad@infonews.ca or call 250-488-3065. To contact the editor, email mjones@infonews.ca or call 250-718-2724.


becky-mann
MANN: Should our children be online before they even know what online means?
OPINION Up until this week I had never heard of sharenting — it’s a new word for my repertoire, but one I think I will be hearing more of. Sharenting is when parents share too much about their child/children on s

Top News