Kamloops man dies after overdose at a Kelowna wedding
By Adam Proskiw
Edmond Paul Adkin of Kamloops has been identified on social media as one of the guests at a wedding who took cocaine that was possibly laced with fentanyl. A family member says he was declared brain dead at Kelowna General Hospital and died overnight.
Image Credit: GoFundMe
September 29, 2016 - 11:40 AM
KELOWNA – One of five people who overdosed at a Kelowna wedding has died in hospital.
Edmond Paul Adkin, 27, of Kamloops has been identified on social media as one of the guests at a wedding who took cocaine that was possibly laced with fentanyl. A family member says he was declared brain dead at Kelowna General Hospital and died overnight.
RCMP have referred all requests for information to the B.C. Coroner Service which has not yet responded.
Interior Health confirmed to iNFOnews that five people overdosed on street drugs over the weekend and that the drug they took may have been laced with something much more deadly.
Dr. Kamran Golmohammadi says in an email the “accidental” overdoses were all related to “a common event on Saturday.”
“The substance involved was reported to be cocaine that may have contained fentanyl; however, we cannot confirm the presence of fentanyl as Interior Health does not conduct toxicology testing,” he says in the email.
To contact a reporter for this story, email Adam Proskiw or call 250-718-0428 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to the newsroom and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.
We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2016