November 02, 2014 - 10:13 AM
KAMLOOPS – For the 29th year in a row, the Kamloops Chamber of Commerce handed out the hardware celebrating local business excellence.
About 440 people attended the Chamber’s 2014 Business Excellence Awards gala at the Coast Kamloops Conference Centre Saturday night.
It was one of the biggest years yet for the awards program with 468 nominations received for the 15 awards, according to Chamber president Aleece Laird.
Scorpion Technologies Ltd. was chosen the Business of the Year by the Chamber board of directors and representatives from Community Futures.
“We couldn’t be more proud of our vibrant business community,” Laird says in a media release.
“We extend our sincere congratulations to all of the finalists and award winners for their outstanding achievements," she says. "These businesses truly exemplify the incredible work ethic and spirit our community is so known for.”
This year’s winners also include:
- Excel Personnel Business Person of the Year - Norman Daley, Daley & Company Chartered Accountants LLP
- Home Hardware Aboriginal Business of the Year – Tk’emlups Petro Canada
- Nutech Safety Young Entrepreneur of the Year – Angela Veltri, Kix 4 Chix Kamloops
- Aberdeen Mall Retailer Award 1-10 Staff – Aglow Bridal Lounge
- Underwriters Insurance Brokers Retailer Award 11+ Staff – Princess Auto
- BDC Manufacturer Award – Riversong Guitars
- TRU Faculty of Adventure, Culinary Arts & Tourism and Tourism Sun Peaks Tourism Award – Harper’s Trail Estate Winery
- BCLC Technology Innovator Award – Scorpion Technologies Ltd.
- KGHM International – Ajax Project Home Based Business of the Year – The Great Canadian Dog Academy & The Buckhorn Dog Ranch
- Berwick on the Park Service Provider Award 1-10 Staff – Rozalind Ewashina Photography
- Kamloops Lincoln Service Provider Award 11+ Staff – Berwick on the Park
- Venture Kamloops Resource Industry Award – Finning Kamloops
- BC Hydro Green Award 1-10 Staff – Nuggles! Cloth Diaper Co.
- Rocky Mountaineer Green Award 11+ Staff – ARC Asphalt Recycling Inc.
- City of Kamloops Community Service Award – NL Broadcasting Ltd.
- President’s Award – Dr. Gur Singh
To contact the reporter for this story, email Howard Alexander at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-491-0331. To contact the editor, email email@example.com or call 250-718-2724.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2014