Hot ashes cause of minor house fire

Image Credit: Google Streetview

KELOWNA - A house caught fire today when the resident left hot ashes on the lawn beside the home.

Three fire engines, one rescue vehicle and a command vehicle along with 19 firefighters responded to the incident at 1646 Mountain Ave. at 11:22 a.m. When they arrived, the fire was beginning to climb the siding and had reached a window. It was quickly extinguished before speading further. There were no injuries.

The Kelowna Fire Department would like to remind the public when discarding ash to make sure there are no embers present and to place them in a location outside, away from possible flammable sources.

To contact the reporter for this story, email Adam Proskiw at aproskiw@infotelnews.ca, call (250) 718-0428 or tweet @AdamProskiw.


letters-to-the-editor
CANNINGS: Tax breaks and loopholes in the latest budget
  OPINION As I discussed in my last column, the federal government had an opportunity in last week’s budget to finally start closing the growing income inequality gap in Canada. But, unfortunately the Liberals cho

Top News