Homeless man from Ashcroft injured in blast, being treated in Vancouver

Image Credit: Contributed/bcas.ca

ASHCROFT – A homeless man is being treated for burns at Vancouver General Hospital after lighting a cigarette near a leaky propane tank around 9:30 a.m. yesterday morning.

The 71-year-old was staying in a tent near a railroad siding, owned by Ashcroft Terminal.

“He had a propane tank inside the tent that we suspect was probably leaking,” Ashcroft RCMP Sgt. Michel Grondin said.

Police are not releasing the man’s name until family has been notified by staff at the hospital.

To contact a reporter for this story, email gbrothen@infotelnews.ca, or call 250-319-7494. To contact the editor, email mjones@infotelnews.ca or call 250-718-2724.
 


don-thompson
THOMPSON: The summer I met Elvis in Florida
  OPINION This week's column is another excerpt from my book about growing up in Florida during the 1950s and 1960s. Despite the distance in miles and time, I believe we all share common bonds, and perhaps these wor

Top News