March 23, 2016 - 6:03 AM
KELOWNA - A small hedge fire near Kelowna General Hospital early this morning was quickly doused by firefighters who ask again that people use some caution when discarding cigarettes.
Platoon Capt. Eric Simpson says firefighters were called around 3 a.m. to the 600 block of Christleton Ave where they found several shrubs on fire near buildings. They doused it before it spread to any structures or property.
To contact the reporter for this story, email Marshall Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-718-2724.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2016