First day of Apple Triathlon results
Competitors during the run portion of the 2009 Kelowna Apple Triathlon.
(JOHN MCDONALD / iNFOnews.ca)
August 20, 2016 - 4:07 PM
KELOWNA - Hundreds of athletes and spectators were on hand to see the 34th Annual Pushor Mitchel Kelowna Apple Triathlon out of the gates Saturday morning.
The first day of the weekend event hosted triathletes from all over North America and as young as eight years old – swim, bike and run their way through the downtown core.
Events on Saturday Aug. 20 included the youth, junior, try-a-tri events, as well as the Corporate Challenge Relay. Saturday also served as the Triathlon B.C. Provincial Championships for Junior Racers aged 16 to 19 years.
Saturday Aug. 20, 2016 results:
Junior Draft Legal Males
1. Jackson Konkin - Trail, BC 34:34 JR Prov. Champion
2. Neo Gleason - Canmore, AB 35:29
3. Joshua Ogilvie - Kamloops, BC 35:50
Junior Draft Legal Females
1. Hannah Mehain - Vernon, BC 37:27 JR Provincial Champion
2. Annelise Lapointe - Vancouver, BC 38:56
3. Janae Hoel - West Kelowna 40:16
For Kelowna Apple Triathlon official race times please visit the Apple Triathlon website.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2016