UPDATE: Fireworks suspected to have started Munson Mountain fire
By Shannon Quesnel
A Penticton Fire and Rescue truck is on standby near the Munson Mountain fire that burned late Friday night. The fire was put out
(SHANNON QUESNEL /InfoTel Multimedia)
July 27, 2013 - 4:05 PM
UPDATE: 4 p.m. July 27, 2013
PENTICTON - A 2-hectare grassfire that lit up the night on Munson Mountain Friday was human caused, and it was probably fireworks.
The fire started around 11 p.m. and burned grass and sagebrush before it was put out at about 12:30 p.m.
No structures were damage by the blaze.
Cpt. Tom Smith with Penticton Fire and Rescue suspect the wildfire was started by fireworks.
A crew remained on the scene of the fire until 3:30 p.m. putting out hot spots and making sure there were no flare ups.
12:19 p.m. July 27, 2013
PENTICTON - Penticton Fire and Rescue scrambled to put out a two-hectare grass and sagebrush fire on Munson Mountain late Friday night.
Access to the mountain top was blocked by the RCMP and an ambulance was parked nearby.
Cpt. Tom Smith said the fire started at about 11 p.m. and was under control by 12:30 p.m. No structures were damaged.
Firefighters remained at the scene until 3:30 a.m. putting out hot spots.
To contact a reporter for this story, to send photos or videos, email Shannon Quesnel at firstname.lastname@example.org, call 250-488-3065 or tweet @shannonquesnel1
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2013