Firefighters investigate report of smoke at Executive House apartment complex

Firefighters investigated the source of smoke at the Executive House apartment complex in Kelowna, Feb. 24, 2015.

KELOWNA - Firefighters weren't taking any chances following a report of smoke coming from a fourth floor unit at the Executive House apartment complex this afternoon.

Emergency crews were called out at roughly 3 p.m. Feb. 24. According to Kelowna Fire and Rescue Platoon Capt. Tim Light, the smoke was the result of a cigarette left to smoulder on the deck of apartment 401.

"It's nothing huge," Light says. "It's pretty benign. On the south side."

The problem has been taken care of and emergency personnel are leaving the scene.

First responders arrived at 737 Leon Avenue with two engines, four trucks and a command vehicle.

To contact a reporter for this story, email, call 250-575-0521. To contact the managing editor, email Marshall Jones at or call 250-718-2724.


Reports came in to the RAPP hotline of this buck that was trapped in a volleyball net.
Why our cities and towns are hazardous to deer
KELOWNA - Over the weekend, Conservation Officers rescued a large buck that was became ensnared in a volleyball net. While the image may seem strange, Ken Owens, Conservation Officer in the North Okanagan says it's actually quite commo

Top News