Firefighters investigate report of smoke at Executive House apartment complex

Firefighters investigated the source of smoke at the Executive House apartment complex in Kelowna, Feb. 24, 2015.

KELOWNA - Firefighters weren't taking any chances following a report of smoke coming from a fourth floor unit at the Executive House apartment complex this afternoon.

Emergency crews were called out at roughly 3 p.m. Feb. 24. According to Kelowna Fire and Rescue Platoon Capt. Tim Light, the smoke was the result of a cigarette left to smoulder on the deck of apartment 401.

"It's nothing huge," Light says. "It's pretty benign. On the south side."

The problem has been taken care of and emergency personnel are leaving the scene.

First responders arrived at 737 Leon Avenue with two engines, four trucks and a command vehicle.

To contact a reporter for this story, email jmcdonald@infonews.ca, call 250-575-0521. To contact the managing editor, email Marshall Jones at mjones@infotelnews.ca or call 250-718-2724.

 


The neglected kittens, including the one pictured in this submitted photo, are under veterinary care and the adult cats are being assessed by the B.C. SPCA locations.
B.C. SPCA seizes 59 cats from Chase property
CHASE – Forty-seven adult cats and 12 kittens were rescued from a property in Chase where they lived in poor conditions and suffered neglect and medical problems. Officials with the B.C. SPCA are recommending charges of animal cruelty

Top News