UPDATE: Firefighters battle Kamloops trailer blaze
Howard Alexander - News Editor
Firefighters mopped up the blaze that consumed a home at the Iron Mask Mobile Home Park June 1
(GLYNN BROTHEN / iNFOnews.ca)
June 01, 2015 - 3:40 PM
KAMLOOPS – Firefighters finished mopping up a fire at the Iron Mask Mobile Home Park with the help of a water tanker truck as two neighbourhood fire hydrants failed to work, according to the family whose trailer burned down 2:45 p.m. on June 1.
“They could have saved our house,” Nicole Green says.
Kamloops Fire Rescue Deputy Chief Mike Adams didn’t confirm the allegations, but says 'we had some challenges.'
Green’s husband Darren Crabbe says the fire started while he was cooking. The couple’s cat jumped on the stove to avoid a dog chasing after it, causing a grease fire.
Crabbe says flames shot up from the element and quickly spread. Both he and Green made it out safely with two dogs. The double-wide trailer is now uninhabitable.
“It’s all gone,” Green says.
Adams says a total of 14 firefighters responded to the call along with five engines. He says social services is on route to the mobile home park to provide the family assistance.
Approximate location of trailer fire at the Iron Mask Mobile Home Park near Kamloops, Monday, June 1, 2015.
To contact the reporter for this story, email Glynn Brothen at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-319-7494. To contact the editor, email email@example.com or call 250-718-2724.
— This story was updated at 4:58 p.m., June 1, 2015, with additional details and pictures.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2015