September 13, 2015 - 2:00 PM
778-797-3200 is now the number to call for all non-emergency inquiries to West Kelowna Fire Rescue’s administrative offices.
9-1-1 remains the number to call for all emergencies; and illegal burning complaints can still be made to Regional Fire Dispatch at 250-469-8577.
The public should call 778-797-3200 for all other non-emergency matters including:
· Contacting our fire chiefs;
· Obtaining permits for such things as open burning;
· Scheduling or following up on fire inspections;
· Getting information on fire prevention including smoke alarms, campfire regulations and how to protect your property from wildfires;
· Booking fire and life safety education sessions;
· Inquiring about paid on call firefighting opportunities; and,
· Making day to day business inquiries.
West Kelowna Fire Rescue’s professional and paid-on-call firefighters and administrative staff serve residents and businesses in the City of West Kelowna and Westbank First Nation.
For more information on fire and rescue services, please visit www.westkelownacity.ca/firerescue; or like the department on Facebook at www.facebook.com/westkelownafirerescue.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2015